Page layout

Thursday, January 5, 2012

More decos and a little inspiration!

Hello there friends!  Hope everyone has been having a good year so far.  I certainly am since I'm still on holiday from work until Monday.  I've actually gotten a lot of crafting (mostly decos) done, swaps done and letters written.  Now I have to start thinking about planning for my classroom and English classes.  I wish I could have another week off.  Sigh!  Oh well!
Today my mom and I went shopping and had lunch which was nice.  We do this once a month.  Tomorrow I'll meet up with my friend Sonia for crafting and dinner.  And, on Saturday I'm hoping to get my hair cut and maybe have highlights put in.  We'll see!
Okay, so here are some of the deco entries I've made below:
I love collage work but I always find it hard to let myself go, most likely because I'm too logical and I question too much.  So, I thought this year I'd try putting things together to create a collage look.  Here's my entry in a "I am woman"  vintage themed deco.
Here's my entry in a "Free Expression" themed deco.
My entry in a "1920's Chicago" themed deco.
My entry in a "Vintage Halloween" themed deco.
My entry in a "Nutcracker" themed deco.  I've always loved nutcrackers and I dream of someday seeing the ballet.
And, here is my entry in a "Magnolia Tilda" themed deco.  I love Tilda rubber stamps and I actually have a few in my collection.  She's simply adorable.
I bought my copy of the "Somerset Life" magazine today.  Aw...it is just so beautiful with so many inspiring ideas for making pretty packages, envelopes, art kits, and so much more.  There is also an article about an event which was held in Florida called "An Artful Tea".  When I see such events I always dream of attending one.  They look so fun and everything is always so beautifully decorated.
And, now I leave you with a piece of art made by a lady in Finland named Merel.  She sent me this fun and lovely piece of art made by her as part of our vintage Christmas parcel swap.

1 comment:

  1. Aww..As usual, all your decos are beautiful! I fell in love with the tiny shoe in the first one and the necklace..So cute! I'm glad to hear you had fun with your mom and that you are gonna be crafting with a friend, it's going to be a preciuos time together!
    My package for you is almost ready!
    Enjoy your Friday my friend :)

    ReplyDelete