Page layout

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mail update!

Hello there!  It's been a difficult week for me so far.  My father was hospitalized on Sunday with severe anemia and had to have a blood transfusion.  Yesterday we were happy to find out the anemia was due to a bleeding ulcer in his stomach which is treatable.  He should be going home tomorrow which is nice since it is his 83rd birthday.  What worries me now is knowing the prostate cancer he has been battling for years has reached the bones.  My father and I have always been close so this news is not easy for me to digest and is making me questions the simple basis of life.  I was really down in the dumps on Monday and finding a letter from my dear friend Lone from Germany really cheered me up.  She is one of the sweetest and most caring people I know.
Lone included some chocolate, candy, photos, stickers, deco tape, decos and a BEAUTIFUL Valentine's Day card (bottom center) with her letter.
Last week I received this nice letter with tea and craft embellishments from my friend Ayaka in Japan.  I love her handwriting.
I also received a letter and FBs from my friend Astrid from Norway.
I also received these decos from a group swap.
I made these Christmas decos for some swaps.
I also made these ATCs for some swaps.
And, I also made these ATCs for some swaps.
It's been nice crafting again!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I hope he makes a full recovery. I love your ATC's you made. What are decos? I like the vintage movie ones but I still don't know what they are. What is the difference between a deco and an ATC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful mail yet again, and I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Best wishes to you and your family! and happy 83rd birthday to him, I hope he enjoys his day!

    ReplyDelete