Page layout

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

More mail and cooking!

Hello my lovely blog friends!  I've been having a great week so far despite the freezing cold temperatures (-25 celcius and even lower at night).  Thankfully I haven't had to go out for long periods of time.  Just going out to the mailbox has been enough for me and also a must for any mail lover no matter how cold it may be.  So far this week I have received:
A wonderful letter, craft supplies and decos (below) from my dear friend Kirsten from Germany.
Another great letter, decos and stickers from my friend Sari from Finland.  I love her stationary and the tape she used to decorate her envelope.
Another lovely letter from my friend Stefanie from Switzerland.
And, a pretty "Vintage Family in Winter" deco from a group swap partner.
On Sunday I felt a bit down in the dumps so I had to give myself a firm talking to about being more positive.  I have so much more free time since leaving my job at the music school and I need to appreciate it instead of continuing to to get caught up in the drama still unfolding there.  In fact today I was quite productive in regards to cooking.  I am so FED UP with eating the same foods that I have been trying out new recipes using my crockpot.  Today I made a nice pea soup.  It was delicious!
Tomorrow I'll make a nice chicken recipe using red wine.  I made it a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious.  The chicken was so tender.  Today I also made a batch of pasta sauce but not in the crockpot.  
Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. All that food looks delicious. I hate making the same things all the time too, and I LOVE cooking in the crock pot.

    Oh, Nice mail too.

    ReplyDelete