Page layout

Saturday, January 12, 2013

News, art class & mail!

Happy weekend everyone!  I have a bit of news to share career-wise.  I have decided to leave my preschool teaching job at the music school to solely focus on my business of teaching English as a second language.  I love my co-teacher Veronique and the children but my bosses are another story.  Let's just say they care more about money than the needs/well-being of the children nor do they appreciate their employees.  I can no longer work in such an environment.  As some of you already know my teaching business has been growing so I've decided to focus on turning it into my full-time career.  January is a time for new beginnings!  In other news, I went to an artists' open house today to see what classes were on offer.  I found a couple that interest me and I'll go back to sign up for them tomorrow.  Take a look at one of the projects I'll sign up for below:
From what I understand these stamped images are made with pencils called Inktense.  I can't wait to try them and see how they work.
And now onto what came in the mail:
A beautiful "Thank You" card from my friend Lone from Germany.  It's from the "Punch Studio" stationary line which I love so much.
Another "Thank You" card from my dear friend Molly from USA.
A wonderful letter, thank you card and postcards from my friend Lieve from Belgium.
Another letter from my sweet friend Andrea from England.
Two ATCS ("vintage Christmas" and "Snowman"), a cute "Suzy Zoo" Christmas card (love those characters!) and various collage pictures from a group swap partner.
And, finally a swap of decos.
Tonight Jeffrey and I will watch a DVD although I'm not sure which one.  We've collected so many during the past year.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. An art class sounds like fun. Good luck with your career. Great looking mail. It's been quite a day!

    ReplyDelete