Page layout

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Recent mail and a trip to Maine!

Hi all!  Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!  Our beautiful summer weather continues!  It's been a fairly quiet week for me since I have had a cold.  It started on Monday and just really knocked me out.  I'm still tired from it and slept all afternoon today.  I only have one more week off from school so I need to be in shape because I have a lot to do and organize, not to mention two meetings for Noah this week.  He starts school on Wednesday.  In other news, last weekend I went to visit my friend Molly and family.  We had a wonderful weekend, shopping and also spending a day in York, Maine.  I LOVE Maine and the smell of the sea air.  We had a great day!
Noah and I at the beach.  Yay!  Just watching him play in the ocean I'm convinced he was meant to live by the water.  The boy can't get enough of it!
We also went to York's small amusement park.  The kids had fun!  York has a really vintage quality to it which makes it charming.  I was able to buy candy I hadn't seen anywhere since I was a kid in a store on the street.
Noah and Jadira (in the middle cart) waiting for the roller coaster ride to start.  The funny thing about this coaster is that I think I could walk faster than it actually goes.
Shopping:
I bought some craft supplies by "K & Company" at Michael's, on sale for 40% off.  I also found some Halloween stamps and flowers in the Dollar bin.  I also bought the bear Mrs. Grossmans stickers because I remember them as a child.
We also went to "TJ Maxx" so I could buy some school clothes for Noah.  I LOVE that store!  Low prices and I found some pretty paper goods and a pretty vintage Halloween box.  The bottom pads are by "Punch Studio" and I will give them away for Christmas.  I can't wait to go back to "TJ Maxx" the next time I visit Molly.
At "Target" I found these teacher supplies for my English classes in their Dollar bin.  I was quite happy!  :)
Well, I haven't gotten much mail in the past two weeks except for a few letters and swaps.  Here is a swap of HQ FBs I received from Iris from Hong Kong.
A nice long and interesting letter from my friend Isabelle from Switzerland.
A beautiful "Vintage Travel" ATC as part of a swap and a deco from my friend Marianne from Denmark.
A great letter and photos from my friend Petra from Austria.  The baby photo is her daughter born in July.
And, a lovely letter and postcard from my friend Emma from Sweden.
To end my post, a pretty and delicious dinner I made myself yesterday evening.  I love making pretty dishes for myself when I have the time and the mood strikes me.  I savoured my dinner on the back patio listening to the chirping birds.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jacqueline,
    Your dinner looks yummy and I hope you had a great time in Maine. I've received your sweet package today. Thank you soooooo much for everything. Love them and can't wait to use them too :) Thank you again my friend :)

    ReplyDelete