Page layout

Monday, June 13, 2011

Mail & Friendship Day!

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a delightful start of the week. I can't really complain here on my end of the world. I'm a bit bored today although I've plenty to do. I wonder if it ever happens to any of you where you just can't seem to sit and accomplish anything?! That seems to be the story of my day today. So, I thought I'd do a posting here to get me out of my Monday rut.

My mailbox has been fairly empty these days due to Canada Post's rotating strikes. There doesn't seem to be much progress as to when the strikes will end but at least the mail is still moving albeit slowly. Above are decos I received as part of some group swaps made by the same artist. The themes are; "Vintage Bathing Beauties", "Vintage Ballerina" and "Fizzy Moon". I think they are absolutely gorgeous.


She also sent some other pretty vintage themed decos as part of another swap.


This "All for Manu" themed deco was sent to me as part of another group swap. I think it is beautiful and this blurry photo doesn't do it justice unfortunately.



Here are some "Cookie Monster" FBs I received as part of another swap, along with the craft supplies below.



Then more supplies as part of another swap (below).


Sometimes when I'm feeling a little blue I go out to buy myself some craft supplies. It cheers me up to see pretty supplies in the store and bring something home too. So, I bought some pretty vintage papers and the box of journaling labels in the photo below. I love them!


On the weekend we went to "Friendship Day", an event held every year the second Saturday in June. There are many activities for families and children. Noah especially likes it because they open the outdoor pool and he loves swimming. This past Saturday it was quite chilly (15 celcius) and not very sunny but Noah enjoyed swimming despite the weather.


I, on the other hand, enjoyed the petting zoo. I could've spent hours there watching the animals.




So, while I was watching the animals, and after Noah had finished swimming, he and Jeffrey decided to do a bubble race.


After their race they joined me at the petting zoo.


I wanted to bring one of these guys home.


We then headed over to the Uplands Museum for cake and ice cream. It's such a lovely but small museum with beautiful outdoor grounds.




They serve English Tea at the museum during the summer months and I'm planning on attending one of the servings this summer.


Have a nice week!

3 comments:

  1. Jacqueline, what a great post! I have enjoyed both your FB's, decos, supplies, everything and your family pictures !! Thank you for letting us know a bit more of you and your loved ones!
    (I fell in love with the journaling labels!!!)
    Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria! You are so sweet! :) I also love the journaling labels, couldn't resist buying them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics of you and supplies and all! :)♥

    ReplyDelete